- Pionus menstruus (Blue-headed Parrot)
- Pionus sordidus (Red-billed Parrot)
- Pionus maximiliani (Scaly-headed Parrot)
- Pionus tumultuosus (Plum-crowned Parrot)
- Pionus seniloides (White-capped Parrot)
- Pionus senilis (White-crowned Parrot)
- Pionus chalcopterus (Bronze-winged Parrot)
- Pionus fuscus (Dusky Parrot)
Ribas, C. C., R. G. Moyle, C. Y. Miyaki, and J. Cracraft. 2007. The assembly of montane biotas: linking Andean tectonics and climatic oscillations to independent regimes of diversification in Pionus parrots. Proceedings of the Royal Society Series B 274(1624):2399-2408.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2007
Page: Tree of Life Pionus. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 31 August 2007
- Content changed 31 August 2007
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2007. Pionus. Version 31 August 2007 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Pionus/91723/2007.08.31 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/