- Use the vocabulary words to fill in the blanks. Each word will only be used once, but you will have 10 words left over after you are done filling in the blanks.
- You will use the ten leftover 10 words not used to fill in the blanks to make up a story about a lizard. Be very creative with your story, but make certain to use the 10 leftover words.
- A ______________ organism likes to spend some of its time in the water.
- If we describe a lizard by talking about their size of tail, whether they are fat or skinny, or what their scales look like, we are talking about its _______________.
- The different roles or jobs that organisms have in an ecosystem is called ________________________.
- A lizard uses _____________________ when it is cold by ___________ in the sun.
- The ability of a lizard to lose a tail, called __________________, may be helpful when they are trying to escape a predator.
- _____________________ are a group of animals that includes snakes, lizards, and turtles and are ____________________, which means they depend on an outside source of energy for body heat.
- ________________ lizards live in trees, whereas ______________ lizards live underground.
- Lizard use ____________________ from the _____________________ on their legs to leave scent trails wherever they go.
- Any living thing is called an ________________.
- When a collared lizard fights another collared lizard for territory, this is called an _____________________ interaction. But when a collared lizard eats an insect, this is called an ________________ interaction.
- A tree lizard that is communicating with other tree lizards by doing push-ups is demonstrating a form of _______________________.
- Two lizards of the same species that aggressively interact are showing __________________ behavior.
- The different behaviors animals go through to find a mate is called ________________.
- A herpetologist is a scientist who studies reptiles and amphibians, which are sometimes called ________________.
- Many animals use __________________, or the sense of smell, to find food and shelter.
Now, write your story on a piece of lined paper and staple it to this sheet when you are finished.Return to the Life as a Lizard Unit Home Page